I am launching a group version to try to lower costs for people who are having fairly mild symptoms. There are two programs.
- If you are in danger of losing your work or other important part of your life, please seek out a practitioner as soon as you can. The list of practitioners is available from MPI Cognition, as well as on the Institute for Functional Medicine web page (you have to look up individual practitioners in your area).
- If you have serious medical issues (insulin-treated diabetes, recurrent hospitalizations, severe illness from exposure to mold) you will not want to wait to follow a treatment plan online. By necessity, the online course will be slower and less well-targeted to your needs than any work with a good local practitioner.
- If you have the funds available, the online course will not be better than a local practitioner.
FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS
For California residents who live locally here in the San Francisco Bay Area, and are willing to drive to my office, I am offering a two-part program consisting of the following:
1. An initial day long class that will involve detailed discussion of the protocol, individual visits with me, individual cognitive testing using CNS Vital Signs, and ordering of lab testing appropriate for each person's situation. Access to high quality affordable supplements will be offered.
2. A second day about 2 months later, to go over the lab results as a group and explain what to do for each one, answer questions, and finish explaining details of the protocol. More supplements are often used at this stage.
The cost of this program is $1200-1400 per participant, provided we can put together enough participants. I will ask patients to fill out questionnaires ahead of time, and I will spend 20 minutes with each person and give you requisitions for labwork and supplements at reduced prices, optimizing costs.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT LOCAL
For patients who live too far to attend a local course, I am offering an online course with monthly group video calls for 1 year. That will take people step-by-step through the entire Bredesen protocol. In this case, patients will have to use their local providers or other methods to get lab testing ordered, as I cannot order testing for patients who are out of state. Also, while this may help a person diagnose a problem, like leaky gut or mold illness, these diagnoses don't always resolve well with self-treatment and may require a local provider in addition to the online course.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE A BREDESEN-TRAINED PROVIDER
The online course may be helpful in supporting anyone who is already doing the Bredesen protocol with their local provider.
I will go over this online program in more detail in a free video broadcast January 10 at 5 PM Pacific time. The link to this video is here. There will be no video playing in this spot until the date of the video, but then if you have missed that time you can watch the video at the same link anytime after January 10.
The online course costs $500 per participant, assuming we can enroll enough participants.
There is much interest, and we are starting small. Please leave your email address here to a newsletter list that will focus only on group programs to reverse/prevent cognitive decline.